Strategically Modulating Carriers and Excitons for Efficient and Stable Ultrapure-Green Fluorescent OLEDs with a Sterically Hindered BODIPY Dopant
Xiaozeng Song(1), Dongdong Zhang(1), Yuewei Zhang(1), Yang Lu(1), and Lian Duan(1,2)
(1) Key Lab of Organic Optoelectronics and Molecular Engineering of Ministry of Education, Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
(2) Center for Flexible Electronics Technology, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Reference: Adv. Optical Mater. 2020, 2000483. https://doi.org/10.1002/adom.202000483
- Ultrapure colors are vital for displays to obtain the highly desired wide colorgamut. Till now, only boron-dipyrromethene derivatives (BODIPYs) have demonstrated ultrapure full-colors but suffer from low excitons utilization efficiency as dopants in organic light-emitting diodes.
- A sterically hindered BODIPY-type dopant tPhBODIPYP with a bulk substituent on the meso-position is developed to suppress DET, exhibiting a high photo-luminance quantum yield of 98% and a smallfull width at half maximum of 28 nm.
- A state-of-the-art EQE/power efficiency of 19.0%/85.7 lm W−1 are realized together with an ultrapure-green emission of CIE coordinates of (0.26, 0.67) and a long half-lifetime of 2947 h at an initial luminance of 1000 cd m−2..
Materials & Devices