In the last decades, studies in the organic photovoltaics(OPVs) cells have achieved excellent results and high efficiencies. Heterojunction polymer solar cells with solution process, small molecule with vacuumed process and dye-sensitized solar cell with dyes has risen power conversion efficiency(PCE) above 10%.
Several improvements in research and studies have helped the development of organic photovoltaics :
a better understanding of the mechanism of photon-to-electron conversion; new materials with tailored energy levels and solubility;
new processing approaches to induce optimal microstructures in the active layer new device architectures with novel interfacial layers.
Many advantages have been found in organic photovoltaics(OPV):
1. the potential to be flexible and semitransparent.
2. potential to be manufactured in a continuous printing process.
3. large area coating.
4. easy integration in different devices.
5. significant cost reduction compared to traditional solutions.
6. substantial ecological and economic advantages.
Organic photovoltaics(OPV) have a lot of potentials and it is considered very promising in the field of solar energy. Lumtec is aimed to make efforts on the current challenges and hopefully we could make contributions in the recent progress as a manufacturer.